...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Friday, October 24, 2003
      ( 2:19 PM )
 
Space Invades and Time Travels

It's Friday and I don't really feel like blogging about anything important, I confess. There are a ton of things in the news that are bothering me, but, heck, they'll probably still be there on Monday. Unless the event of the previous post proves to be a little more unpredictable than predicted...so to speak.

At any rate, I feel that the most important issue of the impending weekend is that we get AN EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP on Saturday night. Now, this would have thrilled me oh, about 2 years ago. Now, it has absolutely no affect on me whatsoever because there is a certain 16-month old in the room next door who has no concept of the brilliance of an extra hour of sleep. Sigh. Good thing he looks cute in that frog outfit he's wearing for halloween - keeps the balance.

Anyway, as my brother, who refuses on principle to ever change his watch forward or backward, says: the reason for daylight savings has long passed into our cultural history. There is truly no reason for us to continue using it. It's like we think that we can somehow arbitrarily change time travel for our own, puny, human purposes, when all along time has just kept trotting along. And so really, I'm thinking it's probably something like 2032, not 2003 like we thought, only we've been fooling ourselves this whole time with this stupid twice-yearly practice.

At some point, the universe is going to have to kick us back on to the correct space-time continuum - oh, now I get it!

| -- permanent link