...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Friday, April 04, 2003
      ( 11:09 AM )
 
"How the Hell do You Get to Crazytown?"
--Sticker stuck to a Stop sign that I saw today as I rode the bus downtown to work. Oddly, the moment I saw it, I was listening to NPR on my little headphones and the local station was playing a story about the funeral of the first Oregonian soldier to die in the war. They were playing some of the words spoken by various people at the funeral and it was terribly sad listening to it. And then I saw that sticker stuck to the Stop Sign. And I thought to myself, "well, damned if we're not already there."


A Christian's Duty
From Molly Ivins' column today:

Here's a lovely item: Australian Broadcasting Corp. reports U.S. soldiers in Iraq are being asked to pray for President Bush. Thousands of Marines have been given a pamphlet, put out by In Touch Ministries, called "A Christian's Duty." It is a mini prayer book that includes a tear-out card to be mailed to the White House pledging that the soldier who sends it has been praying for Bush. That's special.

How nice. I'm sure the soldiers have nothing better to do than pray for the guy that put them in the middle of a hellhole.

| -- permanent link