...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Friday, June 27, 2003
      ( 10:31 AM )
 
Move On Primary Results

The Results were just released... Dean won with just about 44% of the vote. Kucinich was close behind with 23%. Though none of the candidates got 50% (Dean warned that probably wouldn't happen), it is a very interesting vote. I have no idea what the demographics of the vote were except they had to be computer-literate people and most likely activists because MoveOn is an activist organization. But while it may not be representative of the voters at large, neither are NH or Iowa. This primary was significant in that it was the first online primary and the candidates took it seriously. I'm glad it gives Dean this boost, and I'm glad it raises the Kucinich factor as well. (I also must confess a sneaking satisfaction in the fact that Lieberman got fewer votes than Braun).

I don't know if they'll hold another one for the same "50% gets the money" prize, but if they do, it will be interesting what kind of interest the 2nd primary will engender. Congrats, Dr. Dean!

| -- permanent link