...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Tuesday, October 28, 2003
      ( 3:44 PM )
 
From the "Tell It Like it Is" File

“I think Washington corrupts people,” she said.
“He was a wonderful husband and father, the
best I ever saw, until he went there. I told him
I was trying to get him out of the dark side, all
that power and greed and people kissing up
to them all time. Now he’s one of them. All they
care about is getting reelected. I hate them all.”


The words of the scorned wife of Steve LaTourette (R-Ohio) who was told by her husband on Monday that he wants a divorce because he wants to be with his lobbyist girlfriend. LaTourette promised to limit his time in Congress to ten years, but he is now running for a sixth two year term.

Frankly, if generalized, Mrs. LaTourette's indictment of Washington rings pretty true. Pretty scary. But pretty true.

thanks to Atrios for the link.

| -- permanent link