...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Wednesday, July 28, 2004
      ( 6:15 AM )
 
Theresa

I thought it was GREAT. I may be biased because oh, I don't know, I just happen to like strong, independent women who use their voice. My favorite line she uses (and used again last night) is that it is far time that women have earned their right to have an opinion and will be called intelligent, well-informed people, and NOT "opinionated." She is brilliant (speaks 5 languages fluently), informed, successful and she lives what she speaks. Not only would she make a fabulous first lady, she would make the best example to women, young and old, that their voices matter. I have no doubt that if the forces of evil go after her like they did Hillary, Theresa would not take it sitting down. She would turn it back on them and make them all look foolish. Most of all, I think it says a lot about John Kerry that he loves and chooses as his partner a woman like Theresa Heinz. More than anything I know about him, that tells me he's a man of character, strength and is secure enough in his own personhood that he can enjoy, exalt in and honor a woman like Theresa as his partner.

Don't let the dogs get you down Theresa, we think you're tops.

OH - and the best speech by a woman last night? Had to be Ilana Wexler. She was ADORABLE!!! She looked like Annie and she showed no fear as she touted her organizating Kids for Kerry. She was amazing and really inspiring. She was 12. This was the best:

"When our vice president had a disagreement with a Democratic senator, he used a really bad word," Ilana said. "If I said that word, I would be put in a timeout. I think he should be put in a timeout."

Nice one, Ilana.

| -- permanent link