...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Monday, April 14, 2003
      ( 9:33 AM )
 
Monday, Monday...

Good morning, world. It's Monday morning...and for some reason my archives have disappeared. So now I will be off onto the template journey to figure it out. Another weekend of fixing, painting, cleaning, unpacking. Moving into a new place with a 10-month old is 1500x more laborious than without. But I'm not ready to return him yet. I still love the weekend just because I get to spend uninterrupted time with the Kid - while I'd also like to be getting the new place in order, I crave the time with him since I only get to see him a little more than an hour every day during the week. He discovered grass and flowers this weekend (the sun actually came out in Portland) - it was nice to just watch him squatting down to gingerly touch the flowers and grass - and I wondered what it would be like to discover something like that for the first time. It's too bad we can't recall the wonders of childhood discoveries. It make us all a little less cynical - and carry a little more human kindness around with us.

| -- permanent link