...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Monday, June 16, 2003
      ( 11:49 AM )
 
A Belated Appreciation of the Dads

I wanted to wish all the Dads out there a belated Happy Father's Day. I noticed the news was fully of reports of studies about Dads and even a few profiles of stay-at-home-dads. I especially want to send a shout out to my favorte blogging sahds:

Being Daddy has started a great new service where you can report Errant Parents - join the fun!

David at Daddy Make a Picture is not only staying home with 3 kids under 5 years old, he's lost 15 lbs in the last two weeks! If only I could be so skilled...

Rebel Dad is keeping us all up on the most recent press about Dads and he's always a great resource.

Frenzied Daddy has a great blog and is always interesting to read.

Adam's blog is a fantastic read, and I felt better this week when I realized we weren't the only ones with the toilet paper challenge in our house.

Of course, lots of other blogs are by dads who aren't at home full time, and they're great too:

Yertreelerermine is a wonderful read, and of course, TBogg is one of my favorites, who like me posts about politics and personal stuff.

Have a look at these and thanks to all the Dads out there who share their thoughts and experiences with us. I don't know what it's like to be a Dad in our culture these days, but I know it's tough. I want to send a shout out to all Dads who are making it work and tell you that I appreciate you.

Most of all, I appreciate my own P, stay at home dad to our son. He is a man of incredible skill and talent in many different areas, he can cook a four star meal on the same day he built a piece of furniture for the house or fixed someone's computer. He is a fantastic dad and husband and I feel very humbled to have a partner like him to support me and walk with me in life. He got his first garden gnome for Father's Day, and really, what better father's day present is there?

| -- permanent link