...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Thursday, August 14, 2003
      ( 4:13 PM )
 
Mini Holiday Weekend

P and I didn't have a chance to celebrate our anniversary back in July so we are taking off tomorrow for a long weekend in Sacramento. Why Sacramento? Well, because neither of us has ever been there, it was within affordable distance, and we are going to tour Napa Valley, which we've wanted to do. It will be interesting to read the local news down there in light of the recall, but honestly, I can say that I'm going to try not to pay much attention to it. Martin is staying here with the grandparents. My first long weekend away from him (P's been away from him twice when I've taken him on little jaunts to see friends, etc) - but I think it will be nice. It's been a long, long time since we've had a real getaway together, at least 2 years or more.

I'll be sad to miss all the FAIR AND BALANCED posting tomorrow, and I'll try to sneak one of my own in before I leave. I'll just have to catch up with everyone when I return on Monday! Have a great Friday and weekend - and may all my blogger pals on the east coast and the entire area get all your power back.

| -- permanent link