...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Thursday, August 26, 2004
      ( 3:50 PM )
 
Local Hero Idiot

You've probably heard about our latest local Oregonian celebrity, Al French, the Clackamas County Prosecutor who signed an affidavit against John Kerry and then admitted that all the information he'd confirmed in the affidavit was all heard second hand (in prosecutor language: "h-e-a-r-s-a-y"). Vets around the state got a little pissed off and held a rally against French earlier this week,and now several people have filed a complaint with the Oregon State Bar about French's use of the affidavit and his appearance on the Swift Boat Liars commercial.

Of course this episode provoked massive amounts of letters to the editor in the Oregonian this week. Here is my most favorite of them all:

Prosecutor dreams
I was with John Kerry in Vietnam on March 13, 1969. I saw him jump straight up in the air 500 feet and pull down an attacking enemy airplane with his bare hands.

Well, actually I was 10 years old and living in Eugene in 1969. But I imagined it! And some people I know (I'm not allowed to say who) were talking about it and I believe them!

Can I be a Clackamas County prosecutor now?

Snicker.

| -- permanent link