Wednesday, November 08, 2006
( 5:41 AM )
The Day After
"An Owie to One
is an Owie to All"
- as modeled by
Mama's Little Activist
|Marriage is love.|
Cost of the War in Iraq
It's Up To Us. All Humanity is a Family. Give. Regularly.
Northwest Medical Teams
Medecins Sans Frontieres
American Red Cross International
Direct Relief International Assistance Fund
Mothers Acting Up
( what War is good for )
"The point of revolution is to get away with it."
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."
"Democracy is not a state in which people act like sheep." - Gandhi
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty."
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to teach him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently."
"We must not believe the many, who say that only free people ought to be educated, but we should rather believe the philosophers who say that only the educated are free."
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
-Robert A. Heinlein
"Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
"As I stood before the gates I realized that I never want to be as certain about anything as were the people who built this place."
-Rabbi Sheila Peltz, on her visit to Auschwitz
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
"It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."
-US Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson
"Do not fear your enemies. The worst they can do is kill you. Do not fear friends. At worst, they may betray you. Fear those who do not care; they neither kill nor betray, but betrayal and murder exists because of their silent consent."
"The phrase "working mother" is redundant."
In Mama Solidarity
Maryam & Sofia - Baghdad, Iraq
- It's a Good Day to be an Oregonian With all the p...
- Down and Dirty Yes, it's been a month since I blo...
- Clean House It just get worse. Here in Oregon, t...
- Fools on the Hill I have been trying to consider ...
- It's BANNED BOOKS WEEK! Make a statement for fre...
- Making a Better World Oregon Jack Bog is talking...
- Stunning There was a speech far more meaningful a...
- Back To School...Again Before this week starts an...
- Belated Poetry Friday Meant to post on Friday - ...
- Weird is as Weird Does There was a great column i...