...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Wednesday, March 12, 2003
      ( 12:03 PM )
 
Mama Freakout
What kind of world is the Kid going to grow up in? I realize that all Mamas in all eras have asked the same worried question. But really, probably the only ones I can really relate to are the Mamas in the last years of the Roman Empire...seeing their nation turn to liquid pooh and then exploding under the weight of its imperialism. I feel certain I could raise the Kid to be the Leader of the Resistance...but will it be too late? When will the Kid see his uncle, Brother Jon, again? How long will Brother Jon be wading through sand while W sits in his comfy padded chair, looking out over his kingdom? Sometimes it just gets to me. Seeing the Kid tonight when I get home will make me feel better. Sometimes it sucks to be at work with a baby at home.

| -- permanent link