...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Monday, March 17, 2003
      ( 1:23 PM )
 
Speaking of Oil...
Forgot to mention this last week. Dad found out about it through an email list he's on as an alumnus of this high school (his many-many-year reunion is coming up this summer - so they're all emailing each other pre-reunion). I reminded him of the risks you take going to a high school with an oil well near the football field, and by the way, still not impressed with the basketball court that opens up to reveal the olympic-size swimming pool (fyi for trivia hounds: It's A Wonderful Life's school dance scene filmed there). I always feel surly when the subject matter of Dad going to that school reminds me of how his parents used up all the family wealth on their divorce 50 years ago, thus leaving me ...none.

| -- permanent link