...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Monday, June 16, 2003
      ( 2:22 PM )
 
General [in the] Election

Could it be? Might he run? The Washington Post is carrying this article about Gen. Wesley Clark's appearance on Meet the Press yesterday. Of course, Daily Kos (an avid Draft-Clark supporter) comments. A couple of months ago, I blogged a bit about the general as a candidate. I think that it would be wise to look clearly at what his bid for the candidacy could do for the party. Clark is definitely not tested enough to be presidential material, but could lend a very strong presence as a VP, especially to Kerry or Dean. His record with NATO is well-established, and we can't count out his increased public image since being a nightly guest on CNN during the "war." While in my mind it's still a little step down to go from the title of "Supreme Allied Commander" to "Vice President," it would definitely give the democratic team much more weight on the side of military and foreign policy power, which they always need. It will be interesting to see if he decides to run, and if he does, I think it will give us only one more positive option rather than take away from the process the Dems are going to go through next year. This is just my opinion on the matter (which I don't think should be affected in any way by my previously admitted crush on the gorgeous general).

| -- permanent link