...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Friday, April 09, 2004
      ( 1:14 PM )
 
Anticipation

It's killing me. I can't stand it... I'm so excited about the concert we're going to tomorrow. I'm even more excited than when I snagged tickets for U2 (low, many years ago) or when I camped out at Abbey Road and witnessed the arrival of Paul McCartney (low, many years ago), I'm more excited than all the concerts I ever went to before combined ... in this week of terrible news and bad stuff everywhere, I have a glimmer of hope arriving tomorrow, and I'm more excited than I've been in ages. Who are we going to see? The Wiggles, of course! But Shhhhh... it's a suprise to the Kid... he has no idea he will be seeing his heroes live and dancing around and singing with thousands of other under-4-year olds tomorrow.

I guess one thing nice about being a Mama in the midst of terrible times is you have a constant reminder that there is hope for the future when you see your kid who has no worries at all except whether he'll be able to wear his purple socks every single day.

| -- permanent link