...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Tuesday, May 04, 2004
      ( 9:36 AM )
 
Disaster Heaven

Okay, I admit it, I'm a disaster movie junkie. I love them! The whole total-destruction-people-fleeing-for-their-lives thing, I don't know why. Maybe it's the overall comforting thought that we humans actually AREN'T in control of nature and the universe. Anyway, a big earthquake miniseries just aired on NBC the last two days - you might have caught it if you're a fellow disaster movie junkie. I was disappointed that all the earthquakes and all the disaster and fleeing people were in Washington and California. What about Oregon, people? We're sandwiched right in between and we have no small faultline running right under Portland. We could totally be destroyed in a big earthquake! Don't we deserve a bit of airtime on the destructo-meter? It's like the tree falling in the forest....

If no one cares that Oregon gets destroyed, does it actually get destroyed? Or did it even exist? Am I even here? Where are we?

| -- permanent link