...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Tuesday, August 31, 2004
      ( 5:29 PM )
 
Lapses

Sorry for the sparse blogging this week. I've started my first week as a student teacher (students come back next week, so I'm learning how to prep for the year with my mentor teacher) - so am gone most of the day now. Next week not only do I start full in with the high schoolers, but I also start my 12 hours of graduate courses. Should be lots of fun!! I'm not as nervous anymore now that I'm getting more used to the surroundings, getting to know my mentor and others better. Hopefully I won't totally screw up. Not much for me to do at first, but come winter, I actually start teaching. Yeek. Anyway, with the slow political news this week (I didn't see much of anything exciting about the convention so far), I don't think we're missing much.

The only exciting news was a visit to my neighborhood yesterday from Himself! He was as fabulous and brilliant as ever - and hopefully gave a big boost to Tom, who deserves it.

| -- permanent link