...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Thursday, March 13, 2003
      ( 12:53 PM )
 
Wrong, So Very, Very Wrong
A profoundly disturbing event just happened. When I stepped into the elevator to go down to the lobby, a man and woman got on as well, no one I recognized from The Firm, so I assumed they were here for some sort of meeting. The man was tall and had a nice suit on; the lady was very professional and well groomed. As the doors closed, the man turned to the woman and said (slightly drooling), “wow, that was the second meeting we were both at this week! What a ko-inky-dink!” He actually pronounced it “ko-inky-dink.” Shouldn’t uttering those syllables be a crime or something? I almost gagged right in front of him, but I managed to maintain my dignity until I exited the elevator. How interesting that when I stepped off the elevator, I was in the lobby, just like the last time I pressed the down button! What a ko-inky-dink!

| -- permanent link